Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A couple of weeks ago, Steady Eddie Torres and myself were talking and he turned me on to a character called ANT.

Well, the work itself is amazing but the man behind it...even more amazing. So I checked out more of his work and was floored with jaw open and eyeballs bulging from the sockets. Eddie got a kick out of my reaction and said "Dawgs...that would be f(*&ing crazy if we could get him to do a cover for Grumpy Old Bastard Komix." Being THAT said, I was on a mission.

Mario Gully is the name and kicking ass on the drawing board is his game.

Mario works non stop, is a machine on the drawing board and entertains his fans with the work he currently does and posts it on Facebook on one of many pages he is part of and manages. His work with Image Comics, Marvel Studios and many other publications are very well respected and admired among the masses of comicdom. Its quite inspiring to wake up in the morning, drink a cup of Joe and see whats new on Mario's page. The man is no joke and has "The Old Bastards' props as well as his fans from all over the globe that knows anything about comics.

I got in touch with him and gentleman that he is, he responded. We had a very nice conversation and I popped the big question. I knew he was very busy and has a sketchbook coming out but I just HAD too. His response was "Sure I will."...and the rest my friends, is history.

So I am very honored as well as my crew to announce that Mario Gully has signed on with GRUMPY OLD BASTARD KOMIX to do the cover for issue 4 of SWIIISH. You can find Mario's work at OMG STUDIOS where he has a vast gallery of his art and prints for sale. Check him out!

So until our next post, stay tuned as we will be and remember...Stay grumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment