Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Now that the final cut for the cover of SWIIISH issue 1 has been decided upon, it is time to launch this puppy somewhere in digital space. This move is latter to actual publishing in hardcover or comic book form. A meeting between the BASTARDS will determine our next move in this adventure and we promise to keep you informed.

Two wonderful things to announce is that Steady Eddie Torres has been promoted to Editor and Chief of GOBK. This was no hard decision for us as a team. His dedication, knowledge and good ol common sense made it quite easy to make this happen. Congrats to him. He duh man!

Then after 35+ years I receive a SPLASH page from Henry "the legend" Ortega of GOBK JAPAN. Henry currently lives in Okinawa where I left him in 1984 when we served in the military together. He, myself and Scott "GOB" Williams were apart of the crew that sat at a lunch table in Art & Design H.S. in NYC, dreaming of doing what we are doing now. Creating Comics. I was thrilled to receive this from him and had no doubt that he was going to deliver.

Deliver he did and so...

As for Scott...he is just a Grumpy Old Bastard. And I love him like a brother. It was him who got me into this game when he asked me to INK some pages and help him out. That I did and I haven't looked back. I am grateful to him forever and will always be in awe of his talent. The boy is no joke. Our coll
aberation for Monarch Comics as penciller and inker for the Witch Hunter series sealed that tomb like Lennon & McCartney, Laurel and Hardy...most def Abbot & Costello.

It is what it is.

Its COLD as hell in the city that doesn't sleep so I hope everyone is well and if your in a better warmer place than we...PROPS!

Be good and remember...Stay Grumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment