Wednesday, May 6, 2015

As we embarked on this journey in 2015, let me bring you back. WAY back. SWIIISH is a mere part of the Grumpy universe. It evolves around Connie Quasar. Four bio-cyptic keys that fell to earth. If you followed our blog, and you should, you would know the origin of this affair. So get busy!

This was a brainchild of Scott Williams. Not of the Jim Lee team. An alumni of Art and Design High School here in NYC. The illustration presented for you was done in 1989. When Scott brought this to my office today, I was floored! Our THANG at Grumpy is about the 60's and 70's flavor. It was raw back then on many levels. When I saw this piece, it took me back to the 70's when my room was littered with fluorescent posters and a big old black light to enhance the mood.

What intrigued me most was the peaceful look on Connie's face while Barry White sang his lullaby to put her to sleep. What better maestro of the 70's to do so?

So while we continue to get the bugs in order so to speak on our issue of SWIIISH 1 through 4, stay tuned. It's coming soon to a website near you!

We thank you for your support and interest and remember...

Stay GRUMPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment